Thursday, March 24, 2011

30 Day De-Stash #1: BABY HEADBANDS

Whenever my mom gives me clothes for my kids, I try to make sure that I dress them in those outfits when my mom is going to see them.  I think it makes grandmas happy to see their generosity in action.  My mom is going to babysit for me in an hour, so we're getting all dressed up:
When I put the shirt on her, I noticed the flower on the shirt would make a cute flower for a headband.  I got out some foldover elastic, thread, glue, and felt and whipped up this headband to match.

I also made this one to go with the dress I am sewing for the upcoming navy and yellow wedding:
I got inspired to use foldover elastic from this blog.  She posted about baby headbands and accessories just the other day.  You can find foldover elastic on etsy and ebay quite easily.  It should also be at your local craft store.  

I think it works better to use felt that has some wool in it.  It's sturdier, easier to sew, and doesn't stretch.  It's also more expensive, so you may just want to stick with the acrylic.

Day one is complete. I picked an easy one for today because I have a big one planned for tomorrow.  Day 2, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable! Makes me want a baby girl so I can make her cute things : )

    ReplyDelete