Tuesday, March 29, 2011

30 Day De-Stash #6: FLOWERS

I'm only 6 days into my challenge and three of them have involved making flowers. Hah!  I think I must have springtime on the brain.  I'm excited for some flowers to be growing in my yard.  Until then, I'll settle for some more fabric flowers.

There are a zillion (or so) tutorials out there for making flowers.  I like to look around and get ideas, then adapt them a little to the supplies and needs that I have.

Today, I made these.
I put a few of the flowers I made on chains.  I've got plans to put a few more on hair clips. 

Flowers are great to put on headbands, hair clips, necklaces, crocheted hats, decorations for the house...and on and on and on.

Whip up some fabric flowers of your own and I bet you start to find a million ways to use them too.

To give you a head start on navigating your way through all those flower tutorials, here are a few that are similar/the same to flowers I made:



This is me, sporting my birthday necklace.  I gave it to myself.  How sweet of me.

1 comment: