Tuesday, April 5, 2011

30 Day De-Stash #13: Bean Bags

Phew!  I'm cutting it close today!  Only a few minutes left in the day.

I'm going to share a lot of reasoning for today's project.  I like to think that you probably share a lot of the same feelings.

My whole life, I've struggled with the decision to get really good at a few things or become passably good at a lot of things.  My own educational ADD usually decides for me.  Just when I decide to really work on my writing or to become an awesome seamstress, a sparkly new subject comes along and I get carried off on a new project.  Even with all the changing of minds that happens inside me, I still feel like I'm a long way from considering myself a "well-rounded" person.

My son is 2 1/2 and in the next few years, I'll be in charge of helping him get ready to go to school.  I hate to think that I'll limit him to the things that interest me. I want to help him love learning and discover a variety of possibilities to explore. 

For example, the other day, he told me he wanted to go to the store.  I asked him which one.  He said, "Hobby Lobby."  I really need to take him into some more stores...

Anyway, I've decided on a method of making sure I help my son get a well rounded pre-school experience.  I'll be getting into that more when my 30 crafting days are up, but today I made some bean bags as part of my preparations for that time.
They have colors and shapes using reverse applique.  I like that they not only used up some of my fabric stash, but that I used up some old pinto beans as well.  I'll take de-cluttering from anywhere in the house I can get.

1 comment: