Wednesday, April 13, 2011

30 Day De-Stash #21: Boy Pants

A while ago, I wanted to learn how to create my own pants patterns for my kids.  I came across this tutorial.  I was ready to get out some paper and try it.  Then I saw that she has a 2-3T size pants pattern that she shares for free on her website.  I just used that one, since my son wears 3T pants.  I felt like a cheater, a little bit.  So today, I decided to give it a shot and make my own pattern. 

One of the recommendations I see a lot when making your own patterns for the first time is that you sew a practice one to see how it will turn out before using up nice fabric.  In my stash I had half a blue sheet and figured it would work out great.  It did.

My son saw them, recognized them as being his size and decided to wear them to bed tonight.
He wouldn't pose for a picture.  He's too busy sitting on his dad's face.

My pattern isn't as nice as the one I got from MADE's website, but I'll keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment