Friday, April 22, 2011

30 Day De-Stash #30: Easter Bunny

Ah!  The last de-stash craft....

I think I bought the pattern for this bunny two years ago.  It was right before Easter and I wanted to hurry and make one.  I guess something came up because the only thing I finished was the head.  It's been sitting "decapitated"  in my drawer since then.  I knew that now was the perfect time to motivate myself to finish because I had one last craft to do and Easter is on Sunday.
I love all of Owlishly's patterns.  I would buy them all if I could.  I have a hard time spending money on patterns, no matter how cute they are.  If anyone wants to selflessly buy me a pattern, though, I'd totally make you a free doll with it.

You can find her patterns on Esty here or (if you're impatient and want immediate download) here.

I made a few Chester the turkey dolls last year.  They were even cuter.  I just might have to buy Georgie the grapes boy too.

The instructions are pretty easy to follow.  A beginner with some experience could follow it.  My only problem was using embroidery floss to make the hair.  Argh!  I had to cut it off 4 times.  My suggestion would be to make and practice on an extra head  beforehand.  Or buy three things of the floss instead of one...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your month of spring cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete