Sunday, April 8, 2012

So long, Farewell

So you may have noticed that I haven't been posting.  I decided something back in January but I was giving myself a few months to make sure it wasn't just a whim.

Lately I've been getting a lot of people commenting that they wish they had as much free time as I do.  Gotta say, it totally bugs me.  I don't really look at my time as free - just scheduled out differently.

We all have 24 hours a day.  We all decide how we will spend it.

I love crafting and I have decided to devote a lot of time to it.  I'll even say that sometimes I devote too much time to it.  I give up sleep, social stuff, more sleep, cleaning, and time for reading.

I try really hard to keep a simple life so I can feel more "in control." When I can only give a half-hearted effort, I feel bad.

That's how I've always felt about my blog.  I like to share my projects, but I just don't do it very often.  It's always a guilty weight on the back of my mind.

So to feel a little more successful in my life, I've been cutting out a few non-essential things.  For me, it's my blog.

So thanks for reading.  So long.






5 comments:

  1. I will miss your blog. I'm glad we can still be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss all your creations! YOu might just have to e-mail them to me every once in a while! It was great inspiration!!! :) I totally understand though! I don't think I could devote a blog to crafting! I have a hard enough time keeping up the family blog so the family can see the kiddos! Love ya Cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with the "I wish I had time" comment... people tell me that when they here I homeschool, I just watch less TV or socialize less, or something -- we all have the same hours in the day- Too bad you're quitting the blog- you make the cutest stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss your blog! If you make something super-duper-cute, maybe you can share it on fb instead? Have fun with all your extra "free-time!" (Je plaisante.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog today, because someone had pinned your headband/ear warmer pattern on Pinterest, so I came to get instructions and just kept reading. You have some cute things on here, and I liked reading your comments and things, glad to see there was someone else out there who wasn't obsessed with absolute perfection in their crocheting. :) I'm sorry you've discontinued your blog; (I don't even know if you'll see this or not)I would have enjoyed continuing to read it. I just hope it really was because you needed the time to devote to something else and not because of the rude "wish I had your free time" comments. I agree with you; we all have the same 24 hours, its up to us what we do with it. I, for one, am glad you used some of it to write this blog. Even though you're finished with it, its still up, and so I can come back to look at your creations some more. :-)

    ReplyDelete